Cameron Moll, the Yanky freelance new media designer, author, and speaker, who’s feed I subscribe to, has come up with a beaut of a post for all of you wishing to do a little experimenting with creating some great worn, “been through the washing machine” effects.
If you are too lazy to visit his site, which I strongly recommend you get off your ass and do, I have copied the great links he refers to and pasted them below:
- Jason Gaylor’s Photoshop brushes: Worn I, Worn II, Worn III, Fresh Foliage I, Fresh Foliage II, Grafitti I, Tasty Tattoo
- Misprinted Type: Photoshop brushes
- Veer: Worn typefaces
- MyFonts: Distressed typefaces
- Type Embellishments One
- How-to: Worn + “bulletproof” liquid layout
- How-to: Worn type using CSS
- How-to: Worn/weathered/stamped look
- iStockphoto: “grunge” vector and raster artwork
As you may have noticed I have used a couple of these techniques before 🙂
Have a look through these links, get inspired, and unleash your creative juices (hmmmm….. ok maybe don’t get that inspired ;)).